Sunday, June 19, 2011

people think you're lucky, but you know it's grace.

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Life isn't perfect.  In fact, it's anything but perfect.  Life is full of surprises and you will never know what will happen until it does.  Life is in your face, constantly shoving and pulling you down, but it will also pick you back up again.  Life is what we live with, we deal with.  It's everything we are and everything we choose to surround ourselves with.  It's beautiful and complicated.  Life is different for every creature on Earth and none of us have the exact same experience.  That's part of what makes it so amazing.  Life is this.  You're living it.  And you only get one shot.

Love is tricky.  It's almost impossible to understand, but it's necessary in our lives.  Love comes in many forms.  It can be in the form of a relative or a friend or a first love or a love as ancient as the sea.  It can be love for a subject, an object, an action.  Love is difficult.  It can bring you up and drop you back down.  Love can make you question your entire existence.  It can fill you with happiness.  It can be exactly what you need to feel whole. Love can help or ruin a friendship.  It can allow you to find yourself and find what you need in someone else.  It's a thing of wonder.  It's something you'll work endlessly to try and find.

I love quotes and stories about life and love.  Those ones that teenage girls write on their tumblrs or blogs or wherever else they feel like writing them.  Some are actually inspirational and some are relate-able.  Some make me think and others make me hope that I never feel like that.  It's all a matter of perception sometimes.  My perception is strangely skewed a lot of the time, as I often feel like I'm a burden and bad person.  That's just me.  I guess it's the trade-off for being allowed to be happy most of the time.  It's like, you can feel happy but you'll regret all your actions later.  I'm not sure why I feel like that, and to be honest I wish I could be completely oblivious to what other people might be thinking about me or what I do.  I wish I could just float along happily, not caring about the way I word things or how I say things.  It would make it so much easier for me to talk, I think.

But at the end of the day, life and love are what matter.  And no matter how confusing it all gets, I'd rather have these adventures than be alone and lonely for the rest of my life.  I just hope it all gets figured out one day.

- Lo

1 comment:

wishywashywisher said...

It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return, but what is the most painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let the person know how you feel.