First, to get the introspective thoughts out of the way. Today someone told me that they miss "the good ol' days". This of course refers to days in months and years past where everyone was innocent and life wasn't so difficult. While I don't necessarily feel this way since I'm thrilled with life right now, I was struck for a moment by a feeling of melancholy. In only one area do I miss those "good ol' days". It's not right, since I still have these people in my life, but sometimes I miss our schemes. I miss staying up until five in the morning on skype and I even miss being made fun of everytime I went on. I miss playing internet games and scheming against everyone else. I miss openness. I miss our immaturity. That's the only thing I miss from the past and I only miss it on days when I have too much time on my hands or when I realize how different everything is. But all in all, I'm very grateful to have those experiences even if they're gone. Everything changes, I have finally come to realize, and it would be stupid to wish for everything to be like it used to be.
Now, to move on past that kind of blogging... I have just returned from 11 days in the wonderful country of Peru. That is part of the reason why I haven't blogged in so long. Experiencing Peru was absolutely incredible and if you ever have the chance to go, I suggest you do so. Machu Picchu is one of the new Seven Wonders of the World and after spending two days there, I can definitely see why. It's incredible, looking down at the Inca village. I climbed the big mountain behind it too - that is probably the proudest moment of my life. I couldn't tell you exactly what Peruvian food is like, since we weren't allowed too much variety due to the fact that our systems wouldn't be able to handle the differences. But we did have chicken and rice twice a day for 11 days.... I never want to eat chicken and rice ever again haha.
Our group discussed everything that we wanted to eat when we returned home and looked forward to it so much by the end of the trip. And then I got really sick the day we had to leave. I could barely stand, and I couldn't eat or even drink because it wouldn't stay in. I had an 8 hour plane flight starting at 11pm and I think I spent the majority of that flight doubled over in pain. Then another hour flight. My mom says I collapsed in her arms when I got into the airport. We went immediately to the hospital where it's been determined that I got some kind of parasite over there. I'm not sure how I got it, since I'm the only one that did and I didn't eat or drink or do anything different than everyone else, but I do know that it's the worst pain I have ever experienced. As a result, I haven't had a meal since March 14th, any little activity makes me tired, and I take antibiotics, codine, and gravol twice a day. This all sounds really dramatic but I am recovering very quickly and should be back to normal soon.
I believe that's all I have to write for now and I'm sure this blog is difficult to read. I'm not really paying attention to what I'm writing, to be entirely honest. I'll leave you now with a couple pictures from my travel. I took close to 1000 pictures in all that time haha. Take care!
- Lo
No comments:
Post a Comment